Ragda patties are one of the favorite street dishes of Marathi and Gujarati people. It is favorite street food. If you have planned to throw a party and make this dish, then you have to soaked peas a day before.
I didn’t taste this dish before. But one day my neighbor taught me and later I decided to give a try.
Here is the recipe of Ragda Patties:
1 Bowl Dried Peas, Boiled
2 Small Potatoes, Boiled
1 Medium Onion, chopped or sliced
2 Medium Tomatoes, Boiled and Crushed
1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
Salt as per Taste
Lemon as per Taste
1 Bowl Boiled Potatoes, Crushed
½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Boiled Peas
2 Teaspoon Oregano and Chili Flaxes
½ Teaspoon Crushed Green chili
Salt as per Taste
Oil as per necessary
Sweet Chutney (khajur and Emli Chutney OR Tomatoes Chutney)
- First we have to make Ragda. Take a pan and Add oil over medium gas. When Oil is heat enough then put cumin seeds. And wait for the crackle.
- Once it’s crackled Add onion in it and saute till its turn brown color. Then add tomato puree and Stir it for 2-3 minutes. Then add all spices and little water to mix spices with above onion and tomatoes.
- After, Add boiled peas and water. Saute for 5 minutes. It is not that much thick or thin puree.
- Your ragda is ready. Now it’s time to prepare Patties.
- Take a mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients of Patties proper. And make small balls of it.
- Take a fry pan and pour enough oil to shallow fry.
- Fry all Patties till its turn golden brown in both sides.
- Procedure for Serving:
- Take a serving bowl and put 2 Patties.
- Pour Ragda on it. Then sprinkle sweet chutney, spicy chutney, sev and coriander leaves.
- Ragda Patties is ready to serve.