Pani puri/gol gappa/ Puchka is very famous street food in India.
It is very well known by different names in various places. Puchka is very tasty food for all ages of people. Make a street style panipuri at home with help of below recipe.
For Making Puris:
1 Cup Semolina (Sooji)
1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
Salt as Per Taste
1 Tablespoon Cooking oil
¼ Cup Warm Water
Cooking Oil, For Frying
For Making Masala:
5-6 Medium Potatoes, Boiled and Mashed
1 Cup Chickpea, Soaked and Boiled
Salt as per Taste
1 ½ Teaspoon Black Salt
1 ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 ½ Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
1 ½ Dried Red chili Paste (optional)
For Making Pani:
2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina), finely chopped
3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
2 Green Chilli, ground to paste, I use a motor and pestle to make this paste
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1 cup Tamarind Water
1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder, roasted
1 teaspoon Rock Salt
1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Take a large bowl and Mix Semolina, salt and warm water properly until the sooji Absorbed all the water.
- Then add all purpose flour in it to make smooth dough. This flour helps to absorb extra moisture. Knead this dough properly about 10 minute continuously until it should be firm, yet smooth.
- After kneading the dough, add oil in it. And Knead again for 3 minutes.
- Cover this with a lid. Keep aside to rest at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, knead once again for a minute.
- Take small amount of dough and make a big roti with perfect thickness. Then cut the puris with the help of small lid for the pani puri. Meanwhile preheat the oil for deep frying the puri.
- After rolled all puries, Add one puri at a time into preheat oil. Fry this on low to medium heat to get the perfect crispness.
- Drain the puris on kitchen paper. Puris are ready.
- For Making Masala of Pani puri, you have to mix all ingredient of Masala in a large mixing bowl. Keep aside.
- Take coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, chaat masala powder, rock salt, and salt to the mixer grinder. Add little water in between grinding to make fine paste of it.
- Transfer this paste in a big mixing bowl. Add red chili powder, Tamarind Water and cumin powder.
- Mix 2 cups water in it and Pani Puri is ready for eating.
- Make a hole in puchka fill masala and pani in it. Garnish with chopped onion and coriander leaves.