Cuisine: Gujarati Cuisine(Indian)
Preparation Time: 25 Mins.
Cooking Time:15 Mins.
Serves – 4 Persons
Mathia – traditional Gujarati snacks is very simple to make. In Gujarat, most of the people are used to eat in daily rotation. There are lots of snacks which is made in Diwali or new year but without crunchy and tasty Mathia, Diwali is incomplete. In Hindu new year. People can make Mathia at home. Who is not able to make at home, they bought from the market.
2 Cup Math Dal Flour
2 Cup Urad Dal Flour
2 Tablespoon Chickpea Flour
1 Teaspoon Carom Seeds
2 Tablespoon Sugar
Salt to Taste
Oil for Frying
Water as per Required
1 Teaspoon White Chili Powder
1 1/2 Cup Clarified Butter(Ghee)
2 Teaspoon Soda Khar
- Mix all Flours and Sieve it. Add chili powder carefully.
- In another side, Boil water and add water. Add soda Khar, salt, sugar and carom seeds in it.
- Add water little by little to knead the dough not so smooth Or not so hard.
- The dough then can be beaten either with a stone mortar or with your fist for 20 minutes.
- It needs to be stretched and make small balls out of it.
- Beat ghee properly and add little purpose flour. beat it again.
- Mix all small balls in above paste and cover it.
- Take small balls and rolled it in round shape.
- Heat oil for deep fry. Deep fried the Mathia till they turn golden brown.
- Keep this in an airtight container.