The ketogenic diet is a popular diet trend that focuses on diverting the body’s metabolism away from breaking down carbohydrates and sugars, towards burning fats in the form of ketones, a compound produced in the liver. Incorporating desserts into a keto diet may seem impossible owing to the high sugar and carb content. But we are here to show you that you can include certain keto friendly desserts into your low-carb diet regimen. Desserts are amazing on their own, but do you know a secret ingredient that’ll make them better? Love? Um, no. Marijuana? Um, yes!
Cannabis edibles are wonderful as you can indulge in your favorite delicacies and get high at the same time. Pot brownies being the most famous ones among the lot are fudge/chocolate based baked foods containing some quantity of cannabis and boasting a higher percentage of THC. Also known as weed brownies, hash browns, space cakes, etc. their recipe was first introduced in a 1954 cookbook by chef Alice B Toklas.
Without further ado let us look into a few low carb pot brownies perfect for anyone on a keto diet.
Keto Pot Brownies
What do you need?
- A bowl of macadamia nuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces of chopped or grated dark chocolate (preferably 80 to 90% dark)
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/vanilla stevia extract
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter or cannabis infused oil
- 100 mg Organic CBD oil
Before we jump into the recipe let us learn the importance of certain ingredients required.
Macadamia nuts work perfectly for a keto diet as they are rich in healthy fats, protein, and dietary fiber. Additionally, they enhance the taste and texture of pot brownies.
Stevia is a healthy plant-based sugar substitute which hardly contains calories. It is keto friendly and the healthiest organic sweetener.
Canna oil or cannabutter is cannabis-infused vegetable oil or butter that is used in place of regular butter while making pot brownies. It is readily available in dispensaries or can be easily made at home.
How to make cannabutter?
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¼ ounce finely ground cannabis buds
- First, melt the butter on a medium/low flame in a pan. Once melted add the finely ground cannabis, simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes to an hour. Stir frequently.
- Next, strain the butter into a glass dish with an air tight-fitting lid. Press the back of a spoon against the plant substance and smash it in a strainer so that you squeeze out every single drop of butter.
- The prepared butter can be refrigerated for as long as two weeks. If stored in the freezer it will stay fresh for a longer time. When refrigerated the butter will not lose potency, but eventually, the butter will turn rancid.
While preparing cannabutter at home you need to be cautious about the strength of the weed or you’ll end up overdoing the THC content in each brownie. So use marijuana in calculated moderation. For instance, if you wish to make 1/2 cup of cannabutter, then add 1 oz of weed to 4 sticks butter. However, if you want your canna oil to be highly potent then you could use shatter, a weed concentrate that packs up to 80 percent cannabinoid content.
CBD oil is the oil that contains concentrations of CBD, a cannabinoid compound in a cannabis plant. The oil promises numerous medical benefits.
How to make keto brownies
Now, that you’ve understood the purpose of the key ingredients let us look into the step by step process of making these brownies.
- Blend the macadamia nuts, baking soda and salt in a food processor until the mixture assumes a course gravel texture.
- Then add in chocolate, canna oil and CBD oil and mix until smooth.
- Lastly, bake at 350-degree Celsius for approximately 22 to 27 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for an hour and enjoy!
Vegan, Paleo, Keto Pot Brownie Bites
Pretty sure these brownies pass all your healthy diet requirements. These brownies are so delish, yet unbelievably healthy.
What you need:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup stevia or erythritol
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 chia eggs: Made from 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 6 tablespoons water
- ½ cup Cannabis infused coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia vanilla extract
How to make?
- Preheat the microwave to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil for the brownie bites.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes and a prick a toothpick to check if ready. Garnish with chopped almonds and go crazy!
Each serving/brownie contains as less as 138 calories, 13g fat, 3g protein, and 10g carbs. Guilt-free and heart filling, aren’t they?
Gluten Free Instant Keto Pot Brownies
What you need
- 2 eggs
- 45 g canna oil
- 284 g Tesco free from chocolate brownie mix: This is a gluten and dairy free, highly keto friendly chocolate brownie mix with dark chocolate chips.
- 15 ml of water
How to make?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 7 square inches baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- To the oil add eggs and the brownie mix.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth and shiny.
- Place the baking dish in the center of the oven and bake for only 12 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes. They are easy, fast and super yummy.
All these recipes are super easy to make and will surely give you mouthwatering sumptuous brownies at the end of it all. Plus they’re extremely low in carbs and calories, so you won’t have to worry about cheating on your diet. Combine some good old whiskey like Louis xiii cognac to elevate your experience.
Harold is a cannabis and health industry consultant who frequently writes about the latest trends in the industry. She has been writing for a long time now. Through her writing, she hopes to influence as many people as possible to help maintain better health and lifestyle.