One of the healthy ways to cook food is grilling if you prepare it properly. The summer season is a high time to prepare healthy grilling recipes. Once the summer is on, the backyard barbeque is out in most of the places. The grilling is not only a fulfilling and flavorful phenomenon but also a healthy option. You can make your dish healthy and flavorful by choosing the recipe that is low in fat and full of nutrition. Outdoor grilling is best way to spend quality time with family. You have to choose the marinades that reduce cancer-causing chemical formation on meals. By choosing the marinade that contains citrus juices and olive oil, you can reduce cancer-causing elements on foods and make your meal much better.
Advantages of Healthy Grilling Recipes
Grilling is not only fun but also great for your health. There are many health benefits of cooking the food on the grill than on the stove or oven. Here are some useful tips to serve some healthy and tasty meals by healthy grilling recipes.
- You will have less fat food: When you grill, you will have less fat since excess fat is drained. The fat cooks off on the grilled recipes, while on the pan the fat reabsorbs on the meat, so the meat is full of fat which is not so healthy.
- Vegetables on the grill are much better: When the vegetables are grilled, they retain their minerals and vitamins. Vegetables on the grill are fresher and it is better than the canned foods. Wrapping the veggies on the foil paper and tossing on the grill gives you a much better nutritious meal than boiling or frying.
- Nutrients are maintained in meat: The nutrients like riboflavin and thiamin are preserved on grilled meat. Many health advantages are associated with these nutrients and it plays a vital role in a nutritious diet.
- Less butter is used: You use less butter on the grill because meat maintains the moisture while grilling, no extra ingredients are needed to make your food tastier. So that fewer calories are in taken to keep you healthy.
- Healthy grilling is also associated with outside activities: The healthy grilling activities are mostly prepared in the garden. The kids and parents have their playtime while preparing the meal. The act of cooking in the backyard gives you more outdoor activities that provide more health benefits along with super delicious meals.
Tips for Healthy Grilling
Whether you are preparing a simple burger or something more special on a grill, some simple tips will help you to make your meal healthier by healthy grilling recipes.
- Start clean: Make sure your dishes on the grill are clear and clean. You have to use the wire brush to clean your meal on the grill, then wipe it up with towels or clean cloth to make sure that bristles are not in your plates or your guests.
- Fire and smoke: Heterocyclic amines are created by exposing the meat and poultry to flames and high heat. The fat on the meat drips and it gets burned, the smoke will produce some types of hydrocarbons. These chemicals will result in the formation of cancer-producing substances on food. To reduce these substances, you have to foil the meat and put some holes on it, and then lined up on the grill. Then cook the meal at a lower flame for a longer time. There are some best electric grills available for people who grill inside home.
- Marinate: Before cooking, marinate the food for some time helps to reduce the cancer formation substances. By adding the healthy marinades helps to add the flavor to your recipe and make it very delicious. If you prefer bottled one, then go for a low salted one.
- Practice safe grilling: Keep your veggies away from raw meat and kinds of seafood. The internal temperature of the meat can be monitored. The cooked foods should be kept in a cleaned plate to serve them better.
To sum up:
Honey soy grilled salmon with edamame, pepper-jack chicken with succotash, grilled steak with green beans, tomatoes and chimichurri sauce, sausage-and-pepper skewers, etc are some of the healthy grilling recipes which can be prepared healthily. Thus grilled recipes are lower in fat, tastier and it has fewer calories. If you love grilling, keep doing it with reduced cancer risks. Keep your work more intelligent with the above-mentioned tips.