Chorafali Recipe – Fluffy Gujarati Chorafali Recipe
Category: Gujarati Snacks
Cuisine: Indian Cuisine
Preparation Time: 20 Min.
Cooking Time: 15 Min.
Serves: 4 Person
Chorafali is the most traditional festival recipe in specially Dashera and Diwali. Sometimes it is very difficult to make perfect soft and fluffy and this is a very challenging part. Its sour and spicy Taste make one of the most irresistible snacks.
2 Cups Gram Flour(Besan)
2 Cups Mathia Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Cooking Soda
Salt as per Taste
Oil for deep Frying
Water as per Required
Black salt and Red Chili Powder in Equal Portion
- Sieve gram flour and Mathia flour. Roast the soda and salt.
- Mix flour and roasted salt and soda. Knead the stiff dough using little water. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small portion and put the small portion of dough into a ziplock bag and pound it with a pestle. Repeat the process until it is flexible.
- After this process, Dough surface looks smooth. Then Divide dough into a small portion of balls.
- Roll this small balls with purpose flour using rolling pin into a very thin circle. Heat enough oil to fry it.
- Take one circle and cut the wide strip using a knife.
- Deep fried this strip till it turns light golden brown. Sprinkle the mixture of black salt and red chili powder.
- Keep it in an airtight container.